Friday, January 23, 2009

I don't know 1.09





There are things in our life that we really don't know. Although we come across that word much often and we think that we know about it but in essence we really don't know. We don't know the meaning of such word. The implication of that thing. The purpose for it. And the actions to represent it. For my part, I don't know still what sacrifice is. I don't know its purpose and reason for doing it. And, most of all, I don't usually do it. But, today, during the campaign slogan of a candidate for presidency for our country, I heard that, in their slogan, that there is fruit in every sacrifices. I actually don't know about it for I for one don't do sacrifices. And, last night, during a birthday party of a friend of mine. Two friends of mine told me to do some sacrifices on my life. They are sacrifices for me for one, the things they want me to do are not the things I usually do. And second, the things they want me to do are also the things that I really don't want to do.

First off, they want me to wear shoes everytime I would go out from our house. I usually wear slippers when I go out for school, downtown, and other places out from our house. I wear slippers at home as well as I wear slippers outside our home. They asked me to wear shoes instead of slippers when going out for it is untidy to see a guy wearing slippers.

Second, they asked me to trim my hair. Right now, I have a long hair for a typical guy. I really want to lengthen my hair. But, for them, for they are girls, find it untidy and not good looking for a guy to have long hair. So, I should trim it as soon as class starts.

Third, they want me to focus on my debating skills. They really want to see me talk sense in a conversation. It is because during gatherings like party, all I keep of talking about is Dota and frisbee and anime. That's it. So, if ever I go on with debate in our school, then they would preferably love it.

Lastly, they want me to focus on my studies. This is for sure the only thing that I really don't usually do. I hate it. But, since they asked me to do it. Then, I just give it a try.

All in all, they are trying to do some makeover over me. They want me to be an intellectuall hottie in school. :) And now that I realized about it. I would try those things they asked me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment